Friday, June 17, 2016

Setting Delivery Restrictions and Exchange Administration Center

Delivery Restrictions is a feature of Exchange Server which has been around since Exchange 2000 and allows companies to easily limit who can send to a distribution list or mailbox.  A very common use of Delivery Restrictions is to limit who can send to the "All Users" or "All Staff" distribution group.

In previous releases of Exchange such as 2010, 2007 and even 2003 - delivery restrictions were very easy to configure via the Graphic User Interface (GUI).

In later revisions of Exchange, Delivery Restrictions have been left out of the GUI and now must be configured by PowerShell.

This can be easily configured by using the "AcceptMessageOnlyFrom" attribute on DistributionGroups and Mailboxes for which you want to configure Delivery Restrictions.  The "AcceptMessagesOnlyFromDLMembers" is when you want to limit the group/mailbox to a Group of users who are allowed to send.


To set this, simple:

Set-DistributionGroup "Avantgarde Users" -AcceptMessageOnlyFrom "Clint Boessen"

However what if you want to configure multiple users or groups who need delivery restrictions on a mailbox or distribution group?  The -AcceptMessageOnlyFrom attribute does not allow you to comma separate values.

This is where it becomes more complicated...

Here is the syntax to add multiple groups or users to Delivery Restrictions in PowerShell:

Set-DistributionGroup -Identity "All Staff" -AcceptMessagesOnlyFromDLMembers "All Managers"

Set-DistributionGroup "All Staff" -AcceptMessagesOnlyFromDLMembers((Get-DistributionGroup "All Staff").AcceptMessagesOnlyFromDLMembers + "Executive Assistant")

Set-DistributionGroup "All Staff" -AcceptMessagesOnlyFromDLMembers((Get-DistributionGroup "All Staff").AcceptMessagesOnlyFromDLMembers + "Executive Group")


I hope this post has been helpful!

Need IT Services in Perth from Subject Matter Experts?

3 comments:

  1. GREETINGS everyone out there.. My name is Sarah Gomez FROM CANADA i will never forget the help Prophet Ayelala rendered to me in my marital life. i have been married for 5 years now and my husband and i love each other very dearly . after 3 years of our marriage my husband suddenly change he was having an affair with a lady outside,i notice it then i was praying for divine intervention the thing became more serious i told my pastor about it we prayed but nothing happen. my husband just came home one day he pick up his things and left me and the kids to his mistress outside at this time i was confuse not knowing what to do again because i have lost my husband and my marriage too. i was searching for help in the internet, i saw many people sharing testimony on how Prophet Ayelala help them out with their marital problems so i contacted the email of Prophet Ayelala i told him my problem and i was told to be calm that i have come to the right place were i can get back my husband within the next 24hours. He told me what went wrong with my husband and how it happen.that they will restored my marriage. to my greatest surprise my husband came to my office begging me on his knees that i should find a place in my heart to forgive him,that he will never cheat on me again. i quickly ask him up that i have forgiven him.friends your case is not too hard why don't you give Prophet Ayelala a try they work surprises because i know they will help you to fix your relationship with your ex partner. i thank god for using Prophet Ayelala to save my marriage. Contact him via Email: ( Ayelala7demons@gmail.com ) Or Reach him on whatsapp: +2347031894318


    ReplyDelete
  2. How I Got My Ex Husband Back...........

    I am Shannon by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my husband after three(3) years of marriage just because another woman had a spell on him and he left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address Makospelltemple@yahoo.com , have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a woman had a spell on my husband and he told me that he will help me and after 2 days that i will have my husband back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my husband. Thanks for Dr.Mako. His email: Makospelltemple@yahoo.com OR. his phone number: +2348108737816.

    ReplyDelete

  3. How I Got My Ex Husband Back...........

    I am Shannon by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my husband after three(3) years of marriage just because another woman had a spell on him and he left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address Makospelltemple@yahoo.com , have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a woman had a spell on my husband and he told me that he will help me and after 2 days that i will have my husband back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my husband. Thanks for Dr.Mako. His email: Makospelltemple@yahoo.com OR. his phone number: +2348108737816.

    ReplyDelete